I received the Real Neat Blog Award by Dear Kitty last year. Kitty writes a very interesting and varied blog about politics, animals, peace, war, arts and many other topics.
Here’s what she says about the award: “Late in 2014, I made this Real Neat Blog Award. There are so many bloggers whose blogs deserve more attention. So, I wanted to try to do something about that.
“It is the first award that I ever made. I did some computer graphics years ago, before I started blogging, but my computer drawing had become rusty. So, I made the award with this logo then.
“It is good to see that this award, which later came back to me, has gone to many places of the blogosphere. And that some people have made new logos for it, like the one at the top of this blog post.”
The rules of this award are:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of people linking to their blogs and let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
- Come up with 7 questions for the people you nominated.
Kitty’s seven questions for me are:
1. Who is your favourite visual artist?
There has been a lot of beautiful art over the years which I love to look at but I don’t have a favourite artist. I love beautiful landscapes, Pre-Raphaelite scenes and art which tells a story – or makes me think and ponder.
2. Which is your favourite bird species?
Kingfishers have stunning colours and I always feel as if robins are curious to see what I’m doing but my favourite will have to be the chicken (I have to say this or my hens won’t forgive me!) My bantams are fascinating, complex little creatures and I feel that every day is a learning curve watching them.
3. Which is your favourite mammal species?
My favourite mammal species has to be the dog simply because the dogs I’ve known and loved provide a comfort and friendship. They may be untrustworthy scoundrels when it comes to food (yes, Teddy, I’m talking about you!) but they are always very lovable. 🙂
4. What is your favourite insect?
Butterflies are very beautiful although I wish they would stay in one spot so I could photograph them more easily! I do have a lot of respect for the hard-working bee as well. I read a novel called The Bees which gives a fascinating insight into the life of a honey bee. It’s fictional but the way the hive in the novel is constructed is based on real bee colonies.
5. What is your favourite plant?
I love all plants but the weeping willow is especially romantic in my view.
6. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
From the UK and the USA.
7. If you would be invited to make a space journey, then to which solar system planet would you like to go?
Not sure about this one, none seem very appealing in terms of atmosphere! I would be very curious though. Maybe Mars as it’s the nearest.
I’m going to stick with the same questions and nominate YOU. I’d love to hear your answers… 🙂